Thursday 28 April 2016

Sedo Auctions Aren’t Worth It IMO

I’m sorry but they just aren’t in my opinion, definitely not at the 15% commission level.


Now don’t get me wrong, I don’t mind paying 15% if the service is worth it. If I can only sell a domain for $1,000 and you can obtain $2,000 for it, I’d gladly pay you 15% because even after subtracting your commission, I’m still left with $1,700. Way better than the $1,000 I can obtain. I’d even be willing to pay 30% because hey, subtract your $600 commission and I’d be left with $1,400 which is still considerably better than $1k. Even a 40% commission leaves me $200 ahead… you get the point.


But when you want me to pay a 15% commission and can only sell a domain for an amount I’d be able to obtain myself, then you’re giving me a bad deal.


In my opinion, if an auction house isn’t able to put me at least $1 ahead compared to what I’d be able to obtain myself, I’m kind of getting scr***d.


And I’m not just talking for the sake of it.


I listed three really good and liquid domains at this month’s GreatDomains event as en experiment.


Never been a fan of their 15% commission but I figured I’d give them a try as an experiment.


Well… that experiment failed :)


I’m 100% (one hundred percent) convinced I’d be able to at the very least obtain as much as Sedo’s auctions got for them easily.


So essentially, I’ll pay them 15% to get me an amount I could have easily gotten myself by selling to other domainers directly and using Escrow.com.


Sorry but I’m going to have to call “FAIL” on this one.


I gave Sedo a fair chance but they failed miserably, so I for one won’t be using them again.


This post only represents my opinion, based on my own trial and error. Maybe your experience with them with be stellar but I doubt it.


I really hate writing negative posts but that’s what case studies are all about, enabling people to learn from the things I did right as well as from my mistakes.


And auctioning via Sedo has been a mistake.


Source: domainers mag



Sedo Auctions Aren’t Worth It IMO

No comments:

Post a Comment