Sunday 30 July 2017

Shawn Michaels Is Shaping The Next Generation Of NXT Talent For Their Chance As A WWE Superstar

Shawn_Michaels_bio


Shawn Michaels, is WWE Hall of Famer and one of the best in-ring performers in the history of the company, but now he is a mentor to many up and coming superstars. Michaels has been working at the Performance Center where he is helping the next generation of talent in NXT.


The 51-year-old Michaels has revealed that he will be a part of NXT’s upcoming live shows and that the Heartbreak Kid will actually be the producer. If it turns out to be true then this will be Michaels’ first foray in production of live events with NXT.


Michaels spoke to Scott Fishman of Channel Guide Magazine to promote the release of his new movie “Pure Country: Pure Heart” but to also talk about his role in working with NXT talent.


On his role in the movie:


“I’m always flattered when anybody asks me to be in any movie, but when you think of the Pure Country franchise. I love to listen to country music and any opportunity I can wear cowboy boots and a cowboy hat and have somebody tell me that’s a role, I’m going to jump into it.”


On his backstage role in WWE NXT:


“I would clearly define my role if my role was clearly defined and knew what it was, but I don’t. That has sort t have been the way I have been most of my life, most of my career. I just hang around so often that people just eventually are too afraid to tell me to leave.”


“So, I’ve been hanging around for quite some time at the Performance Center. It’s one thing to sit there and watch things back on film and do your best to help people here and there or address certain things. I think eventually you have to get out there and get a feel for everything that is going on. That was one of the reasons why I wanted to come out on the road. I wanted to get to know the talent a lot better, but also have a better understanding of what they’re doing and how the process goes. I also wanted to get a feel for the crowds. The crowds are different from town to town, city to city and state to state. So, I feel the better I know the better I can help and be an asset to not only the talent, but Matt [Bloom], Sara [Amato] and Hunter [Paul Levesque] who have worked so hard to make the Performance Center and NXT a successful product.”


On who he likes out of the current batch of NXT talents:


“I like Roddy Strong, Aleister Black, Johnny Gargano, Velveteen Dream, Heavy Machinery, Authors of Pain, Sanity, they are all just a number of young talent out there. Ember Moon and Asuka as well. There are just numerous people out there. The wrestling business is ripe with a great deal of young, up-and-coming talent. To me, that is exciting. I got way too positive of an outlook to jump into all the other stuff.”


What do you think of HBK helping out the next generation of WWE Superstars? What is your favorite HBK match and feud of all-time? Let us know in the comments section.


Photo Credit: WWE



Source: B2C

No comments:

Post a Comment