Saturday, 4 November 2017

Twitter Employee Who Blocked Donald Trump Running Hillary Clinton’s California Campaign Is Fake News


News that the Twitter employee who blocked President Donald Trump on the social media platform ran Hillary Clinton’s California campaign are false. Trump’s Twitter account was shut down for 11 minutes on Thursday by a Twitter customer support employee on their last day of work. However, there is no truth to a report that the Twitter employee was behind Clinton’s California campaign.

Where did this fake news originate? The Last Line of Defense published the article on Nov. 3, reporting that the Twitter employee who was behind the deactivating of Trump’s Twitter account had run Clinton’s California campaign during the U.S. presidential election. You can read the fake news below.

Twitter has completed its internal review of the employee who blocked President Donald Trump from the social media network Thursday.

Shortly after the President’s Twitter was down, greatly damaging his ability to communicate quickly with the American people, the social network announced that President Trump’s account had been terminated by an employee on his “last day” but promised an “internal review.”

Since the victim of this cyber-attack was the President, the review was pretty quick. The employee in question is Darius Blankman, a supervisor who acted as a liason between Twitter and the Hillary Clinton campaign.

In addition, Blankman was the co-chair of the Westmoreland County pro-Hillary group Resistance USA, which actively campaigned for the failed 2016 candidate.

“We are adjusting security measures to ensure this never happens again,” said Twitter CEO Jack Boley. “Nothing is more important than ensuring the integrity of our platform.”

However, there is no truth to the above story. The quote attributed to Twitter chief executive officer (CEO) “Jack Boley” is fake as Twitter’s CEO Jack Dorsey. Additionally, the fake news report identified “Darius Blankman”; however, there is no record of him in Google news.

Twitter said that an employee who was leaving the company deleted the account.

“Through our investigation we have learned that this was done by a Twitter customer support employee who did this on the employee’s last day. We are conducting a full internal review.”

Here are some examples of people sharing the fake news on social media.

Finally, The Last Line of Defense carries the following disclaimer on its website:

DISCLAIMER: America’s Last Line of Defense is a satirical publication that may sometimes appear to be telling the truth. We assure you that’s not the case. We present fiction as fact and our sources don’t actually exist. Names that represent actual people and places are purely coincidental and all images should be considered altered and do not in any way depict reality.

In other words, if you believe this crap you’re a real dumbass.

In recent months Twitter also updated its rules for cracking down on violence and sexual abuse, expanding the categories of salacious tweets that can incur punishment and announcing that it would crack down on content glorifying violence.

What did you think of the fake news that the Twitter employee who blocked Trump on Twitter ran Clinton’s California campaign? Did you believe the fake news or see people sharing it falsely on social media? Let us know in the comments section.

Photo Credit: Source

Source: B2C

No comments:

Post a Comment